Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Hospice (0.0 FTE, Rotating/Variable) to Providence Hospice for our Mt. Angel / Salem coverage area.
In this position, you will:
- Work under the direction of the Hospice Clinical Supervisor and on order of the physician.
- Provide direct and indirect quality care for patients and families of all ages according to the individualized needs of the patient.
- Follow the nursing process and work in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept professional development as an integral part of nursing practice.
- Manage calls made by patient/family and makes home visits as needed to assess needs/concerns within hospice service area.
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the healthcare team in a collegial relationship to promote patient comfort and assist in the achievement of a comfortable and peaceful death.
- Uphold the standards of confidentiality, attendance and punctuality.
RN, Registered Nurse, Salem, Mt. Angel, Mount Angel, Mt Angel, Benedictine, Home Health, Hospice, North Salem, South Salem, Psych, Psychiatric, Mental Heath
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider Certification
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Driving record consistent with Safe Driving Policy 330 Incidence Point Matrix at time of hire
- In compliance with the Department of Human Services (DHS), a criminal background check is required for this position.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in hospice, oncology, home health or public health nursing
- 2 years of experience in nursing Knowledge of infusion therapy
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Location: Oregon-Mount Angel
Req ID: 150440