Providence is calling a Mental Health Technician to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA *.*
We are seeking an individual to provide a safe, quiet, clean, organized environment for nursing care delivery to patients in a behavioral health setting. This is a night shift position, you will be working 8 hour shifts from 11:00pm - 7:30am with a weekend rotation.
In this position you will:
- Participate in both the planning and implementing of individual patient treatment plans.
- Help patients with personal grooming and participation in educational, recreational, and therapeutic activities.
- Use good observation skills in order to recognize and report changes in behavior of patients to other team members.
- Maintain patient records by using electronic systems.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate of Arts in Psychology or two years experience as a Mental Health Technician, Nursing Assistant in Psychiatric Services, Emergency Services or long-term care
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's or higher Degree in Psychology or related field
- Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) licensure
- Experience working with persons in a chemical dependency or psychiatric treatment setting
About the hospital you w ill serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 143906