YOU ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Regional Director Behavioral Health
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
In support of the Great Lake Region's vision to achieve top quartile performance clinically for behavioral health care, the Regional Director (RD) is responsible for service line oversight of the clinical and strategic development across the region. The RD has accountability and authority for clinical quality, operational management, and human resource management for the Behavioral Health programs. The RD provides regional support to define scope of service, standard of care, education & training, center-of-excellence (COE), accreditation strategy, and service line growth initiatives across the continuum of care. The RD serves as the hospitals' liaison with the service line and works collaboratively with physician leadership to create vision, goals and execution. The RD works in a matrix organization but serves as the regional leader for Behavioral Health, leading and/or influencing the strategic, financial, and operational initiatives for the service line. This leader is responsible for transforming culture through engaging the team to deliver an exceptional patient experience, improving clinical delivery, creating effective physician partnerships so AH Medical Group can grow and fully develop services. The RD is responsible for the results associated with employee engagement, patient experience, clinical delivery, physician satisfaction and engagement and market/financial performance. This leader is expected to work in accordance with the Leading in AdventHealth leadership model – know and manage operations, demonstrate commitment to team, and know and continuously improve operations. The leader is expected to demonstrate a high degree of integrity and collaboration and delivery of outstanding customer service that accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the AH Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates through behavior AH Great Lake Region’s core values of Quality & Service Excellence, Community Well-being, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness.
1. Responsible for development, maintenance, evaluation and expansion of the behavioral health service line, including all aspects and segments of care.
2. Responsible for the creation and management of a regional behavioral health strategy that includes a physician governance committee.
3. Responsible for developing and implementing plans to address gaps in performance and to address opportunities for growth and development.
4. Responsible for the results of the behavioral health service line including employee engagement, patient experience, clinical delivery and turnaround times, physician satisfaction and engagement, market and financial results (including clinical registry results).
5. Through collaboration with medical staff and clinicians ensures an integrated, innovative approach to develop an integrated, evidence-based process of care; coordinating resources to ensure effective management of patients between and among inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic settings.
6. Ensures integration of nursing care programs, including outcome standards or key performance indicators and overall goals and objectives, with a particular focus on patient experience and team engagement.
7. Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating the disease-specific programs or centers to meet volume, profitability, quality, and service standards to ultimately drive value across the continuum of care. Leads interdepartmental and campus-wide initiatives to achieve improvements in clinical care processes, team engagement, patient experience, volume and financial performance. Provides leadership to the development and management of disease-specific programs and needs on all hospital campuses, as needed.
8. Provides volume forecast projections and impact on capital planning to Administration.
9. Collaborates with Marketing in the development of the annual Marketing Plan for the disease-specific program or Centers including any community outreach activities. Participates in clinical conferences, shadows the clinical team, and attends national meetings to maintain and develop both clinical and programmatic advances in the field.
In conjunction with senior leadership, evaluates and selects program directors that are collaborative with other physicians to achieve clinical results. Responsible for development and execution of all physician related contracts, in accordance with senior leadership and corporate compliance.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or closely related clinical field
3-5 years of healthcare-related leadership experience
BLS provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
One or more of the following:
Clinical Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Psychologist credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. LBSI (Learning Behavior Specialist) certification also accepted in lieu of.
Social Worker credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.