Social Worker (Masters of Social Work), Rapid Response Team
Atlantic Health (SP)
Required Education: High School
Internal Number: 108830570
Morristown Medical Center is seeking a Full-time Social Worker for the Rapid Response Team to work 11a-7p.
This is a hybrid position of both ICU Patient and Family Support and Post ICU Outreach and Support. ICU Patient and Family Support Specialist:
* Counsel patients/families regarding adjustment to critical illness and its effects on the family system.
* Assist patients/families with the identification of self-care and coping strategies.
* Support patients/families emotionally during goals of care discussions and assisting them in the processing of end of life decision making.
* Provide anticipatory grief support to families when a loved one is at end of life.
* Provide acute support to loved ones in the event that a patient dies on the unit or if a code is called.
* Assist families with navigating both the ICU and the hospital system.
* Coordinate and attend family meetings to provide emotional support and enhance communication between patient/family and treatment team.
* Provide assistance on how to inform children and teenagers about a loved one's critical illness.
* Document social worker's assessments, interventions, and relevant information
* Co-Chair of the ICU Patient and Family Satisfaction Committee & involvement in identifying and implementing patient and family-centered
Post-ICU Outreach and Support Specialist: Acute care: * Identify patients who qualify for Post Intensive Care Center (PICC) during their ICU stay and follow them through hospital discharge. * Ensure appropriate PICC referral occurs prior to discharge (Epic referral entered). * Provide patient/family education on PICC and importance for follow up after discharge. * Ensure After the ICU Guide has been given. * Provide emotional support, counseling to patient/family as needed.
Post Discharge * Collaborate with PICC multidisciplinary team and complete phone screen with patient prior to first PICC visit. * Ensure appropriate referral to community resources. * Provide ongoing follow up and supportive counseling to patients beyond their clinic visit. * Facilitate monthly Post ICU Peer Support Group.
MSW required, LSW or LCSW required
At least 2 year related experience required in an acute care hospital setting.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.