Assessment and treatment in diagnosing and treatment planning for either referral or brief intervention therapy through our On Demand Tele-Mental Health program. Responsible for assisting the patient and family in adjusting to the child's diagnosis and treatment plan. Also assists the family in maximizing utilization of the health care system and links them with the appropriate services necessary to meet their needs.
Employee should be familiar with modalities in psychological treatment of anxiety, depression, behavior disorders. Employee will receive education and training for the primary function of the position and will also receive supervision from a licensed psychologist.
Consults and collaborates with interdisciplinary colleagues for supervision as needed. Collaborates with community organizations who they are referring patients to seek care.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
- Conducts a psychological assessment for each patient with an appointment in the telehealth system. The assessment should identify diagnosis, risk factors, patient, and family strengths, coping styles and problem areas within the context of their diagnostic, social, financial, cultural, and psychological situation.
- Assists families in integrating any medical, social, and emotional dynamics of the disease/treatment into the context of their current life situation.
- Documents visits in the EMR in a timely manner.
- Coordination and linkage with community resources and agencies relative to health, crisis intervention, disability, schools, etc.
- Provides support for patients and their families assisting with emotional, personal, psychological, and socioeconomic factors along with adjustment to illness issues. This includes the entire spectrum from diagnosis, throughout the treatment phase, as well as the bereavement process, if necessary.
- Responds to the needs of culturally diverse and socially, intellectually, or physically challenged patients.
- Participates in staff meetings, weekly rounding, daily pre-rounding and post-rounding as appropriate.
Participates in meetings and conferences appropriate to the social worker's clinic or department.
- Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other treatment modalities focused on assessment and brief intervention. Training will be provided as part of education and training period.
- Active Listening: reflecting back what clients say and being engaged in every conversation so that they know you understand them.
- Emotional Intelligence: includes having high levels of self-awareness, empathy, and sensitivity to others.
- Organization: providing psychosocial support requires a great deal of organization and the ability to prioritize according to the urgency of a client's needs
- Empathy: ability to imagine oneself in someone else's situation and to feel some of what that person may be experiencing
- Critical Thinking: Being able to think on your feet and to think critically and creatively.
Tolerance: approaching clients who are from different racial, socio-economic, gender, sexual orientation, and ethnic communities with respect and openness